Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TAX LIGHTNING FIX STALLS

This just in from Stephanie Dzur on the Tax Lightning issue: I don't think those voluntary rollbacks are coming.
From yesterday's journal:
"Montoya said she is just trying to fix problems in her county that judges have ruled unconstitutional. She said she has experts studying every possible effect her plan could have on taxpayers and won't be pulling the trigger on the plan until she knows what the effects will be.
"I want everyone to know what could occur," she said.

And today David Chacon (her attorney who had advised her at the time she declared she was voluntarily rolling everyone back to 2001 plus 3%) e-mailed me that he's being replaced.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone is commending Montoya for her courage but I think she knows she won't be able to pull off the rollbacks. I think she just said it for her own benefit for election purposes. I'm wondering what the consequences are of elected officials telling taxpayers they are going to do something and then not doing it. I guess nothing because it seems that like is what democracy has come to in our country. Lies and trickery.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home